Category Archives: Published
I’m really stoked with this cover of Climb Magazine for their January 2013 issue. Not just because it’s my shot of Monique climbing – but I also love the graphics!
The magazine has an article about great lines, so this photo was a good choice. The route is the 60-metre tufa route Tom et je Ris (32) in Verdon Gorge, France.
We had a fantastic time climbing up in South East Queensland this winter but I’ve got to say information on the climbing was hard to come by. It soon became obvious to us that a lot of the crags up there were not covered by any print guidebooks; the coverage was usually very out of date and/or unavailable, or had simply never been covered by a print guidebook. Some local climbers had been gathering information for years and had already pretty much authored the text for some new guidebooks. We got talking and we all decided to work together, to make it happen and get all this material into print as soon as possible. I ran around taking a lot of crag topo photos and then when we returned home I locked myself in the office for a couple of months and smashed out the layout. The main contributors busted their arses to update, finish and polish the text as well as mark up the topos, and the local climbing community were fantastic with their support with contributing information and action photos. I needed to do the production of this book in between trips and we all wanted to get this guidebook produced before Christmas. And as it turns out we managed to achieved that; things went super smoothly with the printers, our shipment is being freighted to us at the moment and we’ll be distributing the books to the shops next week. Yeeha!
A huge shout out of thanks to everyone who contributed. I can’t wait to visit Queensland again next winter — to put this new guidebook to use and enjoy the great climbing!
So here we have it, I’m proud to announce the new South East Queensland Climbing, Selected Crags guidebook!
There’s more information below:
- This is a new guidebook for rock climbing in South East Queensland. There is a wealth of fantastic climbing in the area — and this compact yet comprehensive guide covers many areas not covered by any other current guidebook. It includes some of the best sport and trad climbing South East Queensland has to offer â€” a must have book for local climbing fanatics and visitors alike.
- Details eight climbing areas: Brooyar, Mount Beerwah, Mount Coolum, Mount Ngungun, Mount Tibrogargan, Mount Tinbeerwah, Serpent and the ever popular Kangaroo Point. All up over 1000 routes!
- Authored by local climber Lee Cujes in collaboration with Ross Ferguson, John Oâ€™Brien and others.
- Numerous cliff photo topos, access maps and professional user-friendly design help make route finding a breeze.
- A5 in size, full colour, 168 pages. RRP $36.95 (including GST).
- Available from climbing gear shops or by mail-order from our online shop here.
Our calendar for 2013 is out and I’m stoked with the result again this year!
The marketing departments word is below. If you are thinking about getting a copy then don’t wait, we’ve cut the print run fine this year and there’s a good chance we’ll sell out.
This is the 19th annual calendar to showcase the work of World-renowned climbing photographer Simon Carter.
Seamlessly merging action and landscape, the dazzling imagery inspires and captivates climbers across the globe.
Features climbing destinations from Australia, China, France, New Zealand, Spain, UK, USA and Vietnam.
The design is stylish and functional and includes international holiday dates and moon phases.
Presented in a large 30 x 30cm format, shrink-wrapped and stiffened for protection. Opens to 30 x 60cm (12 x 24″).
Update: we have now sold out of the 2013 calendar!
If you’d like to know which Australian retailers may still have it in stock in your area, please email us with your location.
Each year the German magazine Klettern publish a massive poster sized wall calendar and most years I get a few shots in there. For 2013 I’ve scored the cover again and few inside shots. The calendar is huge! I don’ know it works out with the postage but if you live in Europe it may not be to bad, you can get it from there shop here.
I’ve been on the road again; this time a quick trip to Arapiles and The Grampians. More on that soon, but in the meantime the June issue of Klettern Magazine has turned up and I’m happy to have got another cover with Monique styling on that crazy tufa route in Verdon Gorge. Sweet!