The Red River Gorge is one of the premier sport climbing destinations in the world. This guidebook offers comprehensive coverage of sport climbing crags in the entire region in a single volume. Every single crag of the South, Miller Fork and Muir Valley is included in this edition. On top of that, all the sport crags found in the North are covered. THE RED is, quite simply, the one guidebook to rule them all.
This 2nd Edition adds 245 new climbs, 4 brand new crags, fresh action shots, additional topo shots and maps plus improvements to overall usability. Within a concise 360 pages, a staggering 2586 rock climbs are carefully described at 106 crags scattered amongst the hollows of the Red River Gorge. Featuring beautifully rendered maps, impeccably marked topo photos and accurate approach and route descriptions, this book will get you there, roped-up and ready to tackle your climb with not a moment lost.
This guidebook features stunning action photography that will get you dreaming about your Red River Gorge climbing adventure. THE RED has a classy, no-nonsense design with functionality built into its core to help you get down to business and make the best of your time in the Red.
- 2586 routes detailed and described
- 106 crags comprehensively covered
- South, Miller Fork and Muir Valley: every single crag included
- North: every sport crag included
- Sport, trad and mixed lines included and color-coded
- Wide angle topo shots showing 2260 unique climbs make route identification a breeze
- Accurate maps for both driving and hiking plus QR codes for easy navigation
- Table of Contents for each region denoting every crag’s grade distribution, hike time, sun/shade,
rain shelter and more
- Mouth-watering action photography throughout
- Local area beta to maximize your fun factor
- Compact size for packability